Information about this blog

This blog is a project that I have been assigned for my journalism class at my school. So this is not a legit food blog. This is strictly for a school project. We have been assigned to make a food blog so this is what I came up with and used Blogger because I already had an existing account with Blogger. So yeah This is what this food blog is all about. :D :D :D :D

Thursday, May 15, 2014

The Hershey Bar Cake: Inside The Cake

                        Photo Credit: http://www.food.com/recipe/milk-chocolate-bar-cake-10980

The Hershey bar cake is one of the greatest cakes known to man.  The Hershey bar cake is a delicious cake that my Grand Pam makes and makes it taste AMAZING!!!! Some people have tried to duplicate the recipe but is almost impossible to do. I have tried to make this cake before and learned that you must use a regular cake mix and not a sugar free cake mix like I did. I had made it for my grandparents who are diabetics so I had to use all sugar free ingredients. When you use all sugar free ingredients the cake will not stand up by its self. It will fall apart but it still tastes awesome!!! The cake is a three layer cake but you can make it as many layers as you really want, it doesn't really matter how many though. The Hershey Bar Cake is a great cake to make for a birthday party or just a social party. Kids and adults alike love this cake.

Recipe/Ingredients to make this cake: 

1 box Swiss chocolate cake mix
1 sm. box instant vanilla pudding
3 eggs
1 1/2 c. milk
1 c. oil
Mix well and put in 3 (9 inch) pans, bake at 325 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
ICING:
1 (8 oz.) cream cheese
1/2 c. white sugar
1 c. powdered sugar
1 (12 oz.) Cool Whip
1/2 c. chopped pecans
4 Hershey bars (shaved)
Mix well, top with shaved Hershey bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment